LiteCAD is a 2D CAD program. The editor can be used as a multi-purpose drafting application. The main component of the package - LiteCAD DLL library is intended for software developers who build own specialized drawing applications, CAD / CAM / GIS type. This component provides vector graphics possiblilities and has a simple API for using it with the popular languages such as C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.NET, Delphi. LiteCAD OCX module provides ActiveX interface for the DLL.
Some screenshots of the LiteCAD Editor (click to enlarge)
- Graphics objects: Point, Line, Polyline, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Rectangle, Text (single, multiline, arc), Hatch, Dimension (rotated, aligned, angular, ordinate, radial, diametic), Leader, Block Insertion, Viewport.
- Raster images of various formats: BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, PCX, etc., and also huge ER Mapper Compressed Wavelet (ECW) and Jpeg2000 images. With TWAIN support you can acquire images directly from scanners and digital cameras.
- Named objects: Block, Layer, Linetype, Text Style, Dimension Style, Multiline style, Layout.
- Supports Windows TTF fonts and AutoCAD SHP/SHX fonts.
- Supports AutoCAD hatch patterns (PAT) and linetypes (LIN).
- Edit operations with graphic objects: Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Explode, Erase, Join, Offset, Trim, Extend. Single objects can be edited by moving their control points (grips).
- Various snap modes allows you to draw/edit objects accurately without tedious calculations. Snapping modes use ID markers to enhance operator speed and vision. Superior Polar Tracking capability. Command line interface offers exact placement of objects. You can enter values for coordinates, lengths and angles from keyboard.
- Event-driven mechanism allows your application to control user's actions with a drawing.
- Zoom capabilities allows you to view the entire drawing or any desired part of it.
- Mouse Wheel supports real-time Zoom and Pan.
- Access to all the properties of any object, either programmatically or via dialogs. A unique identifier for each drawing object facilitates external database referencing.
- Interface commands can be assigned directly to an application's menus, buttons and accelerator keys.
- Export / import of drawings with various file format via plugins. The pligin interface is open for developers. LiteCAD package contains the plugin from SimonSoft company, to read / write AutoCAD DWG and DXF drawings format.
- Save/Read drawing to/from memory (BLOB fields).
- Print Preview. Also you can use Paper space layouts to prepare paper sheets ready for printing.
- Clipboard copy and paste.
- Undo-Redo buffer saves 100 commands.
- Multi-language interface. Easy localization to any language.